Thursday, May 5, 2011

birthday goals


It's my birthday! I'm 27 today. All of a sudden I don't feel like that girl just out of college. It's taken me 5 years, but my age is finally telling me that I'm an adult.

The biggest thing that I would like to work on this year is focusing on my life and goals. It's hard balancing being a mom and working full time. I'm not great at it, but it's something I can work on with each passing day.

I think the main thing that will help me with this is to stop reading so many blogs. Not that they aren't all great and amazing, but I find myself falling victim to comparing my life to these beautiful blogs. and that's never a good thing.

I'd also like to be better about taking time to make myself feel good about my appearance. I know that sounds vain, but seriously, I'm usually in jeans and a solid tee. Even at work (I'm in a lab all day, so I don't try to look good). I've never been a make-up-kind-of-girl, but that doesn't mean I can't try to dress nice. So this year I hope I can work on building a more professional look and wardrobe. For starters, I'd love to pair
this dress in black with these sandals in turquoise. Throw in a small and simple pendant necklace, and I'd be set.

And finally, another goal for this next year is to open an Etsy shop. Keep watching for updates and progress on this project. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

To kick start my birthday, this morning we're having a little family photoshoot. My mom gifted me with a groupon last year for my birthday and we're now just getting around to using it. I should have used it for newborn pictures of G, but that didn't happen. So a 1 year shoot and birthday shoot will be just as good. Hopefully. If G stays still long enough.

xo,
L


[[photo by abby try again]]

No comments: