Monday, January 19, 2009

gocco: production part i

FINALLY, after 3 trips to Kinkos, printing our design too many times to count, and wasting too many screens and bulbs, I was able to start gocco-ing on Sunday. Hallelujah!

I wanted to start with something that I knew would work, so that I would be able to sort out all the kinks and mishaps prior to printing our invitations. I decided to go with thank you design 2, so that's where I started my gocco adventures. Everything went surprisingly smoothly, given the trouble I had initially printing the designs. To add a little more 'umph' to the card, I decided to emboss the design. It's my new favorite thing.


Things I've learned along the way on my first real gocco experience:
1. Print from a laser printer. The photocopies I had wouldn't burn fully on the screen. I did find out that if you have to use a photocopier, then copy your image on the lightest setting.
2. Make sure your image isn't too close to the edge of the screen. For some reason, the image won't burn well close to the edge. I had difficulties with my invitations and the words were about 1/4" to 3/8" away from the edge. I even tried exposing twice, but this didn't help, it just wasted two bulbs.

1 comment:

kristina said...

yay! you got it figured out! so satisfying, right? congrats. can't wait to see how everything turns out.