Tuesday, September 4, 2012

settling in...

As my maternity leave is coming to a close, I finally feel like we're settling into this new life with two. It has definitely had it's ups and downs, but we're hanging in for the long run. Each day will get better.

I haven't been able to blog (at all), since both kids keep me pretty busy, and we fought a long and tiresome battle with jaundice that kept us going back and forth to the doctor. But we are finally done with that! Thankful!

We have managed a little fun too with a family beach trip and some visits to IKEA.

So even though I'm very behind on blogging, I wanted to share some of the things we've been doing lately. A lot revolve around food, because really what is better than eating :)

G has helped me bake some goodies (at least until I had to cut out dairy from my diet).





He was such a good little helper! and of course he enjoyed helping us eat them too.

I used this recipe, but I substituted white and dark chocolate chips instead of m&m's, mainly because I didn't have any on hand. and chocolate is chocolate right? The only thing I would change would be to not add as much vanilla. I thought it was a little too much. Obviously we didn't have any problem eating them all, they were still delicious!

Hope to be back sooner than last time!
Happy baking!!
xo, logan

No comments: